Sunday, November 27, 2011

Indecisiveness

Today my rotation has me doing Lower Body Weights and Cardio.  And because I'm not working today I should be going to Gold's Gym because it's the closer.  Both Y's are quite a drive away and I prefer to save some gas for the weekday commute.  But I'm not doing a workout today.

I've mentioned this to other people but Gold's Gym in UNMOTIVATING!  The people that go there have ginormous muscles.  They all RUN on treadmills.  I feel like I'm the only walker.  I feel uncomfortable doing the weight machines here because everyone does free weights.  And like hell am I going to set foot next to a muscle-head by the drumbells.  And they are all TAN.  Like super tan!

Sidenote: I have used their beds a couple of times lately.  I am going to Arizona in January and I don't want to look like a stereotypical Midwesterner.

I love the Y!  Because you will find people of all shapes and sizes.  EVERYDAY PEOPLE!  And I love the equipment.  It's all new, state-of-the art stuff.  Each and every treadmill has a TV built into the programming screen.  And half of the elliptical's have a TV too.  And I have just discovered a new biking machine...THE OCTANE!  It's a seated elliptical that also allows you to work just your legs, just your arms, or both together.

So my dilemma....I prefer to workout at the Y.  But I've already spent a lot of $$ joining Gold's.  With my health insurance, it's free if I go 12 times a month.  Do I continue to workout there half-heartedly?  Or do I cancel my membership and only go were I feel a connection.

I don't know yet.  If only Gold's had BodyVive; I think I would stick it out a little longer then.


Breakfast:  No Breakfast.

Lunch: Leftovers- Homemade Pizza, 1/2 bag of Jimmy John's Jalapeno chips, Water

Dinner: Courtside - Fajita Wrap (Whole Wheat tortilla, Grilled Chicken, onions, peppers), Kettle Chips, Water

No comments:

Post a Comment